External hard drive is becoming very useful to store all type of files. It makes our system more spacious. Due to increasing use of external hard drive we feel risk for loss of important data. We always want to keep our data secure and for long time. We can store large numbers of our favorite images, video clips, movies, music, documents, etc in external hard drive. Sometimes, external hard drive can be corrupted due to many reasons and we can lose our crucial data. There are numerous factors, which may result in data loss from external hard drive. Few of them are explained below:
- External hard drive may get corrupt due to virus. Many times we take data from different systems and during that time our hard drive may get corrupted if that system is virus infected.
- At the time of using external hard drive if we eject the hard drive in an improper way that is without following safe-remove process.
- Accidental deletion of file by third party application. At the time of scanning with antivirus we can face data loss.
- When the system shuts down at the time of copying or transferring data from or to external hard drive then also we can face data loss.
- Accidental formatting of external hard drive when it is connected to the computer or after receiving format error.
- Deletion of some important file at the time of erasing unwanted files from external hard drive.
In all these cases we lose data from external hard disk but it remains in external hard drive. Only the address information of files is deleted and thus operating system cannot find them on external HDD. So if you want to recover lost data then you can go for a reliable third party software like External Hard Drive File Recovery software.
This software can perform external hard drive recovery on all latest Windows operating systems such as Microsoft Windows 8, Widows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008. It can recover data on Mac operating systems such as Mac OS X 10.5.x and above including Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite. This software is completely virus protected. It does not make any change in the original file.
It gives you an opportunity to preview the recovered files. It has easy steps to recover all lost files from external hard drive. It also provides option i.e. save recovery session to save time by avoiding re-scanning of drive.
This software proves very useful in recovering external HD files of various formats related to images, videos, MS Office documents, Zip files, etc. Along with external hard drive recovery, it can be used to recover data from storage devices like pen drive and memory card. To get free trial version of this program one can visit at externalharddrivefilerecovery.com
Steps to recover external hard drive data:
Step 1: First download the External Hard Drive File Recovery software. Then install it in your system.
Step 2: Connect the external hard drive to the system and choose appropriate option to recover deleted or lost file from the drive.
Step 3: Select your external hard drive from which data is lost or deleted
Step 4:-Now software starts scanning process and finally displays a list of recovered data
Step 5:-Now preview recovered files to evaluate chances of recovery.
Step 6:-Now you can save the file at required destination location.
So we can recover files from external hard drive in simple steps but it will be better to take some precautions so that data loss can be avoided.
- Do not use external hard drive to save new data after data loss takes place.
- Avoid abrupt removal of external hard drive.
- Before using the hard drive, scan the drive on your system thoroughly to clear virus.